Close up series about social disadvantaged Kikuyu children
Between December and the beginning of 2020 I worked for a Kenyan school called Roko 20 Academy in the area around Muranga town. Their focus is on giving free eduction for social disadvantaged Kikuyu children of this area. They asked me for help with documenting the life conditions and writing reports. The following Kikuyu children live with their family as self sustainable farmers in the rural areas of Murang’a. Because either the parents died, are very sick or disabled, 95 percent of the children have a socially disadvantaged background. The other 5 percent have specific individual reasons. All photos were taken in front of families house.
Link to the homepage of the Roko 20 Academy: https://roko20academy.weebly.com